[OM] Hey Olympus! OM isn't dead!

Subject: [OM] Hey Olympus! OM isn't dead!
From: "Malcolm Clay" <zuiko@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 10:26:24 -0500
Someone speculated that if Olympus saw this email list or the quantity of
Olympus eBay trades, they might decide that the OM system isn't dead. Why
not prove it to them another way? Show them that we still use 'em!

Olympus America hosts a photo contest several times a year which some of you
may know about. If enough people would enter the contest using our OMs,
someone at Olympus might (fat chance) notice. (Or maybe CONSUMERS might
notice if there were enough OM winners rather than the latest
filmless-wonder.)

Categories are:
     Are you Buggin'
     What a Colorful World
     Minor Leaguers
     All in the Family

Deadline is June 20, 2001.
First place is $100 American Express Gift Certificate and your photo on
Olympus America's site.
Judging is based on: originality (25%), photographic quality (25%),
composition (25%), and appropriateness to the theme (25%)

I'm going to try to drop in a direct link:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/innards/c_photocontest.asp?s=12&fl=1

Try http://www.olympusamerica.com and navigate to it manually if the link
above doesn't work. From the main menu, select "Consumer" then pick Photo
Contest from the left hand menu.