Re: [OM] Tripod Vibes

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod Vibes
From: Michael Gardner <mlgardner99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:50:31 -0400
I use a Gitzo 1228 with a somewhat down-sized ball head with the
Arca-Swiss type release.
The head is a Giotti and I bought it from Kirk Enterprises.
www.kirk-photo.com
Quite sturdy and nicely made.  I even use a medium format camera on it
with no problem.

I have a couple of metal Gitzo tripods as well.  They are battle scarred
but still completely capable.  I've worn out and thrown away several
Bogen tripods like the 3220/3221.  Depends on how much you use them I
guess.  I do know from testing I have done that the metal Gitzos dampen
vibration better than the Bogens.  Again, YMMV.

Mike Gardner