[OM] [OT] Cure for M*nolta X300?

Subject: [OM] [OT] Cure for M*nolta X300?
From: Bernd Möller <berndm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:19:54 +0200
Dear all,

It may be quite embarrassing to ask you, but my girlfriend owns a "M*nolta
X300" with a couple of lenses and now the thing is broken. Too bad. It's just
dead; sometimes it shows meter readings, sometimes not, but it does not
release. We did change the batteries. I would not like the idea os opening the
fragile plastic body with a screwdriver. What will expect me under the
plastic???

I have tried to make her use my OM10 with some of my lenses, but she does'nt
want that (why?). She obviously enjoyed using my OM2 on a hiking trip in
Greenland, where saving weight was quite important, so we only took one camera
system with us.

Does anybody have a clue? Used X300 bodies are available for little money, so
an authorized repair is out of question. Could it be something like the rather
tricky reset of an OM4Ti after replacing the batteries? My girlfriend does not
have a manual. I've tried to find relevant information at the few M*nolta
discussion groups, but their list members somehow are not as advanced as this
Olympus group when it comes to the topic of finding a cure for an ill camera.

Well, any comments and jokes about M*-cameras, incompatible girlfriends and so
on (grin) are welcome.

With best regards

Bernd Möller