[OM] Re: A HOUSE BIG ENOUGH

Subject: [OM] Re: A HOUSE BIG ENOUGH
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:30:58 EDT
You folks think Oly stuff is expensive?  Try Rollei TLR!  I decided I wanted
to augment my 35mm format with medium format.  A Rollei TLR would be cool.
Well I have two now.  The first was a rational purchase, the second not so.
But the second is a 2.8E in Mint - condition with case, etc.

But man, try to buy accessories, filters, etc.  I just paid $52.00 for a lens
shade out of The Netherlands.  That was the best buy in weeks on eBAy.  I
don't need one, but a nice leather alligator clip strap went for $95.00
recently.  There is a meter diffuser(incident light) on eBay right now for
$75.00 and they will probably get it.

The fortunate side of this is that there aren't near the number of original
Rollei things that will attach to the TLR.  So, an enabler like Tom can't
keep you tempted.

I can stop anytime I want to ...

Dave Dougherty