Re: [OM] OM T45 nicads

Subject: Re: [OM] OM T45 nicads
From: "Bruce Kolber" <bkolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 17:47:09 -0400
There is probably some info in the archives but the opening of the pack is
relatively simple....remove the label from one end and the leatherette
rectangle from the other (they are glued)....remove screws and clip....the
side seamss are glued....you will need to CAREFULLY cut through the seams (a
sharp utility knife works well)....do not cut deeply because the wiring is
very close to the seam......the pack will then be divided in two......DO NOT
DESOLDER anything without drawing a wiring diagram....the Nicads can be
replaced with high capacity NiMH batteries in AA size for about
$55.00US....reassemble in reverse order...in most cases it is not necessary
to reglue the sides (the screws and clamp are sufficient to hold the pack
together)....feel free to email if needed bkolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce Kolber
St. Petersburg, FL  33715
USA