Re: [OM] re: EV Coupling

Subject: Re: [OM] re: EV Coupling
From: "Marcus b6" <marcusb6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:34:57 -0700
No, there are no in-camera lens elements. The lens mounts to the shutter, and the leaf shutter sits in front of the mirror. As I recall, the shutter shuts, the mirror flips up, then the shutter snaps. You then have to wind on to flip the mirror back down and open the shutter again. Focus is soley by microprism. I'm not sure why, other than I guess it was deemed more appropriate than ground glass for a 35mm system. I imagine ground glass screens of the day would be pretty dim, coupled with the slower lenses.