[OM] Old cameras New Opinions

Subject: [OM] Old cameras New Opinions
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 06:28:16 -0700 (PDT)
Gary Reese wrote :

>Now that I have read all the other non-Digest folks
>who chimed in on
>this thread, do let us know if we influenced your
>thinking.

Yes. I had not taken into account that the value of
"Consumer Grade" has dropped off in the area of
cameras. There are more bells and whistles on recent
cameras, but they are also more delicate, by all
accounts here. I had heard this elsewhere but had
forgotten.

I am also heartened by comments that the OM2n is a
rugged piece of gear

>P.S. I think a few respondents missed the fact that
>you were reporting
>non-Olympus camera as being declared beyond economic
>repair. And you
>are
>thinking of going non-Olympus?  Doesn't that tell you
>something?

I wasn't thinking of switching to non-Oly
necesararily. I would have been interested in recent
Olympus cameras as well. My main question was about
new versus old.