[OM] Re: Price on long Vivitar lens.

Subject: [OM] Re: Price on long Vivitar lens.
From: Pawel Golik <pgolik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:38:14 -0400
> I found someone at work who has a Vivitar 400mm/f5.6 lens in OM trim that he
> is willing to part with.

I got this lens for ~$120 in excellent shape (KEH ex+). Given your
description, I'd say around $100 would be fair. It's an OK lens for the
price, heavy for sure, sharpness is not too bad, but it has a tendency to
loose some shadow detail - a common problem in cheaper superteles.

BTW, is it complete with the tripod ring and built-in hood?
        Pawel
--
Pawel Golik, Ph.D.
Center for Molecular Medicine, Emory University