FW: [OM][OT] Forwarded- Ebay & Paypal.com- The Good and the Bad

Subject: FW: [OM][OT] Forwarded- Ebay & Paypal.com- The Good and the Bad
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:11:24 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: William Clark
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 11:06 AM
To: 'coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx'

I have never had anyone say this to me before.  Why?  The tellers, etc. do
not know what they are doing in most cases (hit or miss on cashing I guess).
When I send a U.S. money order to the U.S., my bank's forms say payable from
Bankers Trust (Delaware); a U.S. bank!!!!!!!  This is why the money orders I
send to the U.S. have never had any trouble.  The other way, however, can be
a problem if the teller does not read the money order.  A money order from a
large U.S. bank with ties to Canada (i.e. Citibank) will have the money
order payable from a Canadian bank because of their strategic alliances up
here; hence cashing should be no problem.  A money order from a rinky dink
U.S. bank (did you know that the U.S. has over 8,200 banks while Canada has
just over 50 or so?) will cause problems because no one here has heard of
them and they can take up to 3 months to clear (believe it).  If I am going
to receive a money order from such a bank, I ask the send to send me an
International Postal Money Order instead.  Canadian banks here do not have a
problem cashing these MOs.

Cheers!!

-Bill