[OM] Re:[OT] Another victim of the economy

Subject: [OM] Re:[OT] Another victim of the economy
From: Sam Shiell <Sam.Shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:01:45 +0100
Chris,

Sorry to hear your news.

If it's any consolation I too was a long time IBM-er and was offered my part
in a previous down-sizing. Very nervous of the Big Wild World (I had been at
IBM since I was 21 and, in my 40's at the time had no idea what the real
world was like), but this turned out to be one the best moves I'd ever made.
I have a level of "happiness" in my current job in a comparatively tiny
company (around 200 of us) that outreaches anything I had at Big Blue and my
quality of life is better (and I now have more Oly gear, but in truth I
can't blame IBM for that one!)

Best of luck in your job searches

Sam