Re: [OM] RE: 90 vs 100 at infinity

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: 90 vs 100 at infinity
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 19:26:07 -0700
You can check Modern Photography test report at:

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mp-zuiko-tests.txt

which shown 100/2 is better at wide aperture, I'm not interested on
photodo's report, the 28/2 owner will tell how they love the lens, but
check the result in photodo, it is almost the poorest fixed lens.

C.H.Ling

Alan wrote:

 C.H.Ling,
<snip>

 Anyways, photodo (which has many flaws) happens to have mtf test results for
the 90f2 and 100f2. One thing htat I have always criticize photodo numbers is
 they are only useful at infinity (sort of the inverse criticism of Gary's
 numbers) if you assume that lens performance is not uniform from 1:10 to
 1:infinity.
<snip>

 So much for theory vs practice.

 > Alan

That is interesting. They give the same rating, 2.6, to the 28/2, which is as good as anyone's good lens, and the 200/4! Their rating does seem to be somewhat divorced from reality.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA