[OM] Photographing Honour Boards.

Subject: [OM] Photographing Honour Boards.
From: "J. Venables" <jjvenabl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 22:13:02 +1000
Recently a Scout near where I live was burnt by Vandals.  Fortunately they
are insured but as with a house fire the most valuable things are not those
that cost money, but those with sentimental value.  In this case it was the
Queen scout honour boards and other memorabilia.
    I would like to photograph the Honour boards at the Scout Hall where I
am a leader.  At least the photos could be stored off site, perhaps with the
group leader.  Then it would be possible to have new boards made to match
the originals if such a thing were to occur.
    My question to this group is what would be the best way to do this, and
would colour film or b/w be the most suitable.
     We also have a number of b/w photos of the construction of the hall
(1965).  I have been asked to scan these so that we have a copy.  However I
wonder if it would be better to make film copies rather than digital copies.
At least when you pick up a negative you know what it is!  This is not the
case with CD.  Note I have an adaptor to allow me to attach my OM10 to my
enlarger for copy purposes.  I do not have copy lights any more though.  I
made the adaptor years ago by gluing( epoxy ) a t-mount to a flat steel
plate.  The enlarger head is removed and the camera and plate rest on the
bellows stage.  The enlarger lens is used.
    All suggestion will be most welcome.
PS.  Scouts is costing me a fortune in film these days,  but it is fun to
document the Scouts activities.  Hopefully it will become a good record of
my time as a Leader at 1st Waverley.  The reaction to my b/w photos is
interesting though. The Scouts usually ask if I have an old camera! or
totally ignore the black white pictures and only look at the colour
pictures.
Thanks
John. Venables
jjvenab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx