Re: [OM] (Fwd) broken rewinder - OM-2N

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) broken rewinder - OM-2N
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 22:53:52 -0700

Welll... I was hoping ( and hinting) to find someone or someplace that would
mail them (actual mercuries) to me in the U.S. These Wein cells seem to be
just what we need, but I always heard the zinc-air batteries last only a
month (hearing aid batteries). I know this site says they'll last a year,
don't know if I can believe them. Couldn't hurt much to try one, I guess...
Anyone else know if their claim is to be believed?

Thanks
George S.

Hi George,

     I'm using a Wein cell now for 2 months in my OM-1n.  So far, so good.
But
I'm going for one of those CRIS conversions for thirty dollars that allows you
use 1.5 volt silver batteries and converts the voltage to 1.35.

                                                                Cheers,

Rich Lahrson

tripspud@xxxxxxxxxxxx