[OM] Canoe Trip

Subject: [OM] Canoe Trip
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 21:28:20 -0700
>MY idea of an ideal kit for canoeing and trekking through the back
>country would be:

I own a 1950s model Old Town rib and plank canoe (almost as fun to look
at as to use) and I'll tell you what I take on a canoe trip, but you
gotta understand my philosophy: only take what you're willing to lose in
the water. So, that means:

condition 8 OM-1 MD (or two of them if space permits)
24 f/2.8
50 f/2
135 f/2.8 (maybe 180 if I owned one)
500 mirror (All lenses in condition 8 or so.)
Small tripod
Polarizer
No flash
Chest harness for camera (for land excursions)

The 500's there for birding and wildlife, but would be a sorry choice if
the weather weren't good. The 500 would need a monopod.