[OM] Re: OT: B/W prints from colour negs

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: B/W prints from colour negs
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:10:53 +1000
Bernd

The problem with printing colour negatives onto b+w paper is that the
b+w paper only responds to blue (and depending on the paper, green)
light, and completely ignors the red. Kodak make a special panchromatic
b+w paper for printing from colour negatives, Panalure -- or at least
they did. I used it years ago and it works well.

Note that panchromatic papers such as Panalure are sensitive to
safe-light, so must be handled, exposed and processed in total darkness
or safelight for colour print material. A normal b+w red or orange
safelight will fog the paper.

Vaughan

BTW this is how your message appeared on the digest version of the list...