Re: [OM] random thoughts re:previous posts

Subject: Re: [OM] random thoughts re:previous posts
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 00:56:14 -0700
I abandoned Kodachrome in 1985 after shooting the white dolomite cliffs
along the Missouri River near Hermann. I took all the daylight slide
films then available and shot the same scene at the same time, with the
same lens and camera, etc. My lab in Columbia, MO measured the color
shifts from neutral for me. Kodachrome Professionals were the worst of
the lot and I knew from recent experience the I wasn't up against an odd
emulsion batch or processor run. I had already standardized on pro stock
of Fujichrome 50D and 100D and the test results gave me no reason to
change.  Plus I had a great E-6 lab.  I also recall going with
Agfachrome 200, but only in emergencies.

Just did a backcountry trip, on Monday, in the Muddy Mountains (of
Valley of Fire fame, but we know where the people aren't!). Kodak
Elitechrome Extra Color 100 proved to be a nice choice, even on a
cloud-less day. Great for rendering red sandstone red.  Shots through
the 50, 90 and 135mm Macro Zuikos and projected with a 4" Ektanar-C,
revealed more detail than my bare eyes could ever have seen!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV