Re: [OM] publishing question

Subject: Re: [OM] publishing question
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 06:33:47 -0500
Use the highest resolution you can. You can always scale down no problem.

The biggest headache is if your publisher needs four color separations (CMYK)-- probably will. You might have a nice looking image in RGB that ends up looking a whole lot different in your book if you're not careful. You're probably going to need a pre-press professional to get the scan in a format suitable for publishing.

Joel W.

From: "e.g." <eg4b@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
If I scan my own 35mm slides (Provia 100F, K64; taken with OM4 of course),
what resolution scan do I need so that they are suitable for publishing in
color in a standard size (i.e., not oversize) book?

Or does it have to be drum scanned?