Re: [OM] -2s Problems

Subject: Re: [OM] -2s Problems
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:41:57 -0500
From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I had my beloved -2s jam up on me a coupla years back. <snip> I noticed a post on the list from someone (Thanks!) re putting a
winder on it to see if the winder->camera linkage could be "jiggled" that
way.

Yup!  It worked.  I now have a correctly functioning -2s to return to her.

Is this a common thang with -2s's?  I seem to recall something about
overwinding.  How does this happen, what can be done to prevent, etc?

Always use a winder? :/ I had it happen with one OM-2S and pulled out of the dive with a winder, but I've had the same thing happen on an OM-1. Dunno if it's an OM-2S thing. I've also heard of it happening with OM-4's.

Joel W.