RE: Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors

Subject: RE: Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors
From: "skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:16:26 -0400
If you can, I'd also get whole rooms, in addition to architectural details.
That's what I've done on the pictures I've done for contractor jobs.

I typically use either a 24/2.8, 21/3.5, or rarely a 15/4.5 (Voigtlander) for
interiors.

If the room is too wide for one of those lenses, I will take two pictures with
the Zuiko 16/3.5 fisheye, unwrap the fisheye distortion, cut the rectilinear
portion out, and stitch the two images together using Panorama Tools.

A 35/2.8 Shift is the preferred external lens.  Normal rectilinear lenses
typically get too much keystoning perspective distortion.  Alternatively, you
could use a 24, 21, or 18 and cut out the top section of the image, keeping the
back of the camera vertical to avoid perspective distortion.

Skip