[OM] Zuiko aperture ring stiff: Is there a quick solution?

Subject: [OM] Zuiko aperture ring stiff: Is there a quick solution?
From: Dog Breath <hopi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:05:09 -0500
Hi.

I have in my possession a nice 35/2 Zuiko lens. However, its aperture ring
is unusually tight/stiff/hard-to-turn, etc. I've had numerous Zuikos, so I
know how they're supposed to feel in this regard.

Have any of you out there faced this problem and, if so, what did you do
about it? I have an old 50/1.8 Zuiko which I took apart to see for myself
if the aperture mechanics could be easily freed up and lubed. I got deeply
enough into it to see that it would be beyond my modest skills. The bulk of
the mechanism resides in the "front half" of the lens when you take it
apart, and that's a much more complicated disassembly. Is this a repair for
the experts?

Thanks for your attention/assistance. And please reply to me directly if
possible.

DB