[OM] Wow - I am impressed ! - 50 mm F3.5 macro + T20 picture

Subject: [OM] Wow - I am impressed ! - 50 mm F3.5 macro + T20 picture
From: Erwin Voogt <evoogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:41:07 +0200
Cc: "'om40pc@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <om40pc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'erwin.voogt@xxxxxx'" <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx>
Hi,

Faisal wrote about the bee fly picture
(http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/photovoogt/china/bij.hmtl):

-------
Impressive Job
Just a question, Were you able to catch the fast moving fly at 1/60 while
using flash. Is'nt 1/60 slow for this work
thanks
Faisal
---------

The length of the flash of the T20 is between 1/1000 and 1/40.000.
Thats short enough the "freeze" the wing movement of an insect or a humming
bird.
The bee fly flies a little like a humming bird, that's why it was not that
difficult to make this picture.
(I have a picture of a humming bird too, but that one is not really
spectacular)

Bye,

Erwin Voogt
Utrecht, The Netherlands