[OM] Don't take my Kodachrome away...

Subject: [OM] Don't take my Kodachrome away...
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 01:02:47 EDT
OMers,
           I just got back some rolls of Kodachrome 64 that I shot mainly at
the begining of the year in Africa. What a pleasure. I shot large amounts of
K25 years ago, then moved on to K64.  More recently I have shot very little
transparency material occasionally using Fuji. Now projecting some K64 this
evening it seems soo amazingly good.  By chance while looking for slide
trays, I found some slides dating back more than 30 years taken in some of
the same areas. The K25's had stood up well with time but the old Agfa 50
materials have such huge color shifts as to be useless. Pity.
One of the rolls I had developed, I had exposed more than 2 years ago in
Southern Utah. Quality did not seem to suffer the long, delay although colors
are hard to asses without a chart.
           OM content : it really takes a good slide film projected large to
see how good this equipment is. Try some Kodachrome again if you have a good
slide projector.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes