[OM] Re: Outdated film

Subject: [OM] Re: Outdated film
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:58:05 -0700
Ok for my next thread to get the juices flowing in the group:

I have been surfing eBay and see all sorts of outdated film at "bargain"
prices.  What is the consensus of the group.  How old can you go with slide
film?  Any difference in brand, ie. Kodak vs. Fuji?  If film has been frozen
does that improve it's life span vs. just refrigeration (non frozen).

Dave Dougherty

I just used some film that was out of date a couple of years and got good results. It has been refrigerated since I bought it. It was fresh when purchased. It was Fuji. I think that consensus is that frozen film will last longer.

I think storage is all important. I would hesitate to buy old film unless I was pretty confident that it was not in a hot warehouse for a couple of years.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA