[OM] Signing off for awhile

Subject: [OM] Signing off for awhile
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 21:45:56 -0600
Ciao, everyone. I'm in the final throes of preparing for a month-long trip to France, and I won't have much Internet access while there, so this is a temporary "sayonara." The house-sitters are arranged (they'll even take care of the dogs, whoo-hoo!), and I'm desperately trying to get the last of my clients' demands as well as administrivia out of the way prior to leaving.

Two things [both comprising obligatory OM content].

First, to all those of you who sent in photos since November last, hoping for another update to the Oly Gallery, it *will* happen, believe me. I simply timed out over the last couple of months, with unexpectedly heavy workloads from clients, as well as a personal life that sort of went nutso. I'm going to collect all the contributions together for an enormous push come mid-May, one massive update that should take several solid days of my time to put together. Until then, if you send stuff to me, don't be surprised if I don't respond. I will when I get back.

Second, my kit: I'm taking a single OM-4, two Zuikos -- the 28/2.0 and the 90/2.0 macro, and one T-32 flash; the lenses and camera will be tucked into a LowePro belt-mounted trekker. Oh yeah, and twenty rolls of Fuji Astia Professional. ;-) Wish me luck! I hope to regale one and all with stories and pictures of Provence in springtime, and the wines, the cheeses, the baguettes, the truffles, the tapenades, ah, France... *** HEAVY SIGH ***

À bientôt!

Garth