Re: [OM] Butterfly lens for Olympus OM or Canon EOS

Subject: Re: [OM] Butterfly lens for Olympus OM or Canon EOS
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 06:34:43 +0100
Hi Ian

I live in Cambs as well. I am not an experienced macro photographer, but I have recently bought a Tamron 90/2.8 for my OM bodies; this gives 1:1 macro. However a fair number of members of the List have the Zuiko 90/2 (1:2 I believe) and sing its praises frequently. It is however quite pricey.

Chris

Hi there,

My name is Ian Larkin, I live in Cambridgeshire, England, and I am an enthusiastic macro photographer.

At present, I am trying to find a good lens for photographing butterflies and dragonflies, for either an Olympus OM or a Canon EOS camera.

My budget does not extend to the Canon 180 f/3.5 L, but I am keen to find a high-quality alternative, preferably second-hand.

I have in mind a Vivitar S1 90-180 macro zoom, or a Zuiko 200 f/5 on a 65-116 variable extension tube; an EF 100-300 f/5.6 L with 500D close-up lens, or a new Tamron 70-300 1:2 macro zoom...

Can you recommend anything suitable for this sort of hand-held telephoto macrophotography, from personal experience?

Thanks for your help,

IanL
--
<|_:-)_|>