[OM] This darn NiCad pack

Subject: [OM] This darn NiCad pack
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 16:59:40 -0500
OK, I'm making progress. Not really asking for advice (unless you have
some), mostly just venting.

The pack took a charge -- seems like a positive step <g>.  If I remember
correctly, I shouldn't charge it more than 4-5 hours. Is that true for
NiCads?  My soldering got much better after everyone's tips. The next pack,
my plan is to drill very small holes through the tabs with my Dremel and
physically wire them together prior to the solder. That would be a nice,
unbreakable connection.

Now I'm on to getting the dial back on properly.  I've got it on a body
(OM-3).  I set it to sequence, just like the instructions said.  I turn the
nylon post until it fires away. I tighten down the screws and -- nothing.
No more firing.

Start over, same thing.

Arghhhh.

Can't exactly figure out what I am doing wrong.  Think I might have also
screwed up the fire button on the back of the battery pack. Can't exactly
figure out how that is supposed to go back in.

And I have 4 more to go....

Tom