Re: [OM] epson flatbed transparency adaptor?

Subject: Re: [OM] epson flatbed transparency adaptor?
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 09:45:16 -0500
has anyone used the transparency adaptor for the epson perfection
636u? from a picture in the scanner's manual, it appears to have it's own
lightsource, and can scan up to 4x5. it replaces the flatbed's lid,
occupying the entire top, and i guess it switches off the flatbed's lamp,
using only the adaptor's lamp and fb's sensor. epson has it for 90bucks.

if anyone has used it (or similar product to it; different from the
"pyramid" tranny adaptors on most flatbeds), i'd like to hear comments

Alas, Acer, you probably don't want this for 35mm. It just won't give you the pixel count you need. I have a Epson Perfection 1200 with tranny adapter and I am very happy with its performance for the few MF negatives I have (and would get the 1600 if I were generating my own MF photos right now), but it is weak with 35mm. Unless the 636u is a wholely different animal from the 1200, it probably will be less than satisfying. Sorry.

Joel W.