Re: [OM] ......Extenders.....

Subject: Re: [OM] ......Extenders.....
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 20:52:25 EDT
In a message dated 4/13/01 9:06:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Dear Z and Z's....
>
>  Is there any Zuiko extender that can go with the 90/2 Macro lens ?
>
>  Peace
>  TMLee

TM,

If what you're after is increased magnification without changing the minimum
focusing distance, it's worth a try. Gary Reese's test results with the 90
F2.0 and 2xa indicate so-so performance for this combination. I use a Sigma
180 F2.8 macro and an Olympus 2xa with good results. The Sigma like the
Olympus 90 F2.0 focuses to 1/2 life size. Adding the 2xa gives one life size
magnification without changing the MFD  and in middle F stops good
performance. I've also used the 1.4xa with the Sigma 180 macro. It's
necessary to use an extension tube between the 1.4 and 180. If macro is your
goal, experiment with as many combinations as your equipment allows.

Gary Faulkenberry