Re: was [OM] Collector guides Now Lens coatings

Subject: Re: was [OM] Collector guides Now Lens coatings
From: Michael & Angela Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:05:38 -0700
Tom writes:

<< OK, but I still don't know what i am looking for.  Color of the
reflections? I still don't know how to properly tell. >>

Gary replies:

<Which is exactly why different people can't report what their lens
looks
like. They have no reference point.>

    This may be a real challenge for the dedicated Master Macro
photographer.  Is it possible to photograph the various reflections and
then post them for comparison?  I know it not as simple as all that with
monitor gamma corrections and another dozen things I haven't thought of,
but is it possible?

Mike Butler
Dublin, California