[OM] Re: [OT]tulips

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]tulips
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:05:18 -0700
> On 9 Apr 2001, at 18:44, Tom Scales wrote:
>
> > Actually, I was more interested in finding out about the 'public bed'
> > thing. Sounds like Canadians are having more fun than I am.
>
> It's colder up here, Tom.  We have to have public beds in order to stay
> warm!  :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

As a native born Skagitonian (sp?) I might speculate about the "bed
thing". As a kid I worked in the fields for the Dutch farmers. Several
of my old classmates now run the family farms in Skagit Valley. Anyway,
one of the things we did during spring break was to top the tulips.
That's right, break the tops off to stimulate bulb growth. The tops went
into baskets and were dumped in huge piles at the end of the rows. What
better place to lounge at lunch time! Especially on warm spring days
with the girls on the crew....

Mike