Re: [OM] uh oh, 35-80 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] uh oh, 35-80 problems
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 06:40:32 -0500
Good idea -- one I wouldn't have thought of, but unfortunately, I was
'filterless'.

Tom

From: <Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Tom - I know you know your stuff, but I had a similar experience (with a
different lens) and the answer was really simple.
> It only happened when I had a Cokin filter attached.  Without the Cokin
adaptor the front of the filter ring goes slightly below the front of the
lens lens body (is that clear?) and when the Cokin was on and I zoomed it
pushed the front of the lens and
> changed the focus.  With screw in circular filters that are no wider than
the normal filter ring there is no problem of course.