Re: [OM] OT - Jammed APS Film - any saviours? :)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Jammed APS Film - any saviours? :)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:41:23 -0700
At 11:49 AM +0200 4/7/01, pizz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your input on this one. My sis seems to have
managed to cause chaos with her Kodak Advantix 2100 APS camera.
Basically, she stuffed a film inside that had its exposure indicator not
quite on ANY of the 4 symbols at the bottom of the film cassette.  To
cut the story short, the film seems to have wound into the camera at
least as far as I can see from a first attempt at disassembly, but the
camera "thinks" that either there is no film or that the film has been
rewound (flash letter "E" in the LCD display).

Now, is there some way to convince the camera to rewind the film (by
touching some magic test point or something).  I've tried using the
small rewind button but that doesn't quite respond.

If you've got any help to offer i'd really be appreciative...

thanks so much..

Konrad

Poor Kodak.  How long has it been since they got it right?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA