Re: [OM] Fwd CAMERA INSURANCE

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd CAMERA INSURANCE
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:10:08 +0100
Hi All,

Finally bought all my equipement for a 6 month journey. I am trying to find
out where i can insure my camera and lenses only as i already have
insurance for medical etc.

Does anybody know where in the uk i can go to?

Many thanks

Evert

Evert

I should insure your camera equipment along with your other
belongings.  The risk will be the same I expect.  If you are a
student, Endsleigh Insurance can help, otherwise I should try your
employer.

I have an advert for "Photo Insurance" from the Olympus Camera Club,
but it allows for only 60 days out of the UK at any one time.  But as
an indication, they charge £102 for between 3,500 and 4,000 of
equipment.  The excess is between 5% and 100f each claim, depending
on the circumstances.

The Olympus Camera Club is at: P O Box 222, Southall, Middlesex UB2
4SB, tel: 0171 250 4583.  The insurance is arranged by Glvoer & Howe
ltd in Colchester; tel: 01206 814502.

I have no relationship with either party...

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker