Re: RE :[OM] CORRECT EXPOSURE

Subject: Re: RE :[OM] CORRECT EXPOSURE
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 05:43:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Jim wrote:

> Using my OM camera for correct exposure at F2.8 (max. aperature) it reads
> 1/8sec using ASA200.
> In order to have a speed of 1/30sec to prevent camera shake, can I set the
> camera manually to 1/30sec and increase the exposure +2 to have a correctly
> exposed picture?

  If you set it to +2, it will be allowing in two more f/stops of light.
Now, if your aperture remains at f/2.8, that means that your shutter
speed has to slow down by two stops, i.e., go to 1/2 second.
  If you set the compensation dial to -2, then your shutter speed would
go to 1/30th, and you might have less shake, but you'd underexpose
the image (assuming it's an 18 0ray) by two f/stops.
  Your options are:
                     Go to ISO 800 film, which at f/2.8 would allow a
                                         1/30th shutter speed.
                     Use f/1.4 aperture.

                     Put on a flash unit.

                     Get the tripod out.

                     At 1/8th, you can rest the camera on something
                     (sit on a chair backwards, so you can use the
                      chair-back to steady the camera, for example).

                     Pull the stringpod out.

   or...go into yoga breathing mode and shoot a dozen frames. One of them
MIGHT be sharp enough.

                                   *= Doris Fang =*