Re: [OM] Adjusting Focus

Subject: Re: [OM] Adjusting Focus
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:34:11 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chip Stratton" <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>

> As for checking focus, I'm not convinced the 'focus screen on the film
> guide' method will give proper results.

Beside over 15 OM bodies I have checked, I just checked two "new to me" Pen
FT with focusing screen on film rail, they are very accurate without any
adjustment need. Make sure you use ground glass for focusing check, adjust
the lens focus by turning left-right-left.. and marked the position on lens
with a pen and label. This is an extremely accurate method if you can master
it.

For the two OM bodies that need minor adjustment, I used 0.2mm thick tape
under the mirror. I didn't found any off focus OM body that go the other
direction yet.

C.H.Ling