[OM] info on 24mm shift w/ OM-4 on eBay

Subject: [OM] info on 24mm shift w/ OM-4 on eBay
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 21:39:22 EDT
Some of you have probably noticed this auction and drooled at the lens and
then laughed at the opening bid price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1226685579

I contacted the seller and told her that I could get two brand new sets for
the price she wanted.  She said she is selling the stuff for someone and that
is the price he gave her.  She said to make an offer, so I did.  Well, I
received her reply and she declined.  She told me some camera shop offered
the guy $5000.00 for the camera and lens.  I cannot, for the life of me,
figure why a camera shop would offer that much for the lens.  The best I
could figure is that is SN 100001 or Maitani has etched his name in the front
element :)
I told her to go to another camera shop to check and see if the guy really
has something special.  Otherwise, she should take the 5K and run!

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

--p.j.