Re: [OM] Camberwell Photo & Video Market

Subject: Re: [OM] Camberwell Photo & Video Market
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:57:05 +1000
I found some goodies but nothing to get too excited about. (Convert Aust$ to USA $ by halving figures below)

A 50mm F1.4 MC Zuiko for $60. looks really nice.

A 35-70mm F4 Zuiko S for $100 - looks nice.

An OM-1 with bad damage to pentaprism silver (from foam rot) but otherwise apparently beautiful condition for $85 (with 50/1.8 SC silver nose). I want to send this one to John H for "the works" incl new body leather from Morgan.

An Oly slide-on rubber lens hood for the 35-70 zoom for $2

Assorted lens caps and body caps for $2 each.

A lovely mint Oly 35RC rangefinder with orig manual and colour advert brochure for $80. This is one neat little unit !

that's about it. I did see a 180/2.8 on one stand but they were asking $1300 and it looked to be in decidedly AVERAGE condition - lot of paint off etc.

Conspicuous lack of any kind of Oly brochures, Instruction books, adverts etc which was disappointing.

I fear that as e-bay gets more and more popular, this kind of market will die a quite death as dealers will realise they can make much more $$$$ for the good stuff selling thru the web.

peter

Stop gloating Wayne! You did a damn sight better than I did!
AndrewF

So how did the other Melbourne list members go ?  I have to admit there
weren't too many Oly items available that I could see.  Anyone really need a
TTL Auto Connector T20 ?

Wayne Harridge