Re: [OM] Prices on OM equipment (So it's NOT off-topic!)

Subject: Re: [OM] Prices on OM equipment (So it's NOT off-topic!)
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 09:09:10 -0500
I think we have driven prices up to some degree, how much is anyone's
guess though. I bet the price of certain items in particular have gone
up, for example the late 50mm f/1.4 MC vs. the earlier versions as a
case in point.

At the same time, because of information from this list, I'm a *much*
better shopper than I was a few months ago! I also have a much better
idea of what works where and how than I did before. For me, with a
limited budget for OM gear, this is invaluable. It's kept stupid buying
decisions to a minimum.

Since I joined this list, I've tried to follow most of the price on a
given item, performance of a given item threads. Listening to list
members recommendations, I've yet to buy something that I've been
disappointed with. I know too that the items I've  purchased have been
worth what I paid for them more or less.

I hope people keep posting their opinions of equipment value. The delete
key is always available for those who are uninterested...

Just my $.02 ( $.0125 after taxes  )

--
Jim