Re: [OM] OT now - full blown rant-sorry.....

Subject: Re: [OM] OT now - full blown rant-sorry.....
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:56:33 EST
In a message dated 3/30/01 11:51:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< So we're not to criticise
 someone not on this list even though we find their behaviour unusual ot
 illogical. Hmmmmm!
 AndrewF >>

Andrew,  Not all pointed at you ofcourse......
The logic is, it is ok to criticise peope WE THINK are not on the list? Are
you so sure? I don't know.  Talk behind people's backs?  What does it matter
if a person is on list or not?  I think it is "unusual" and "illogical" to
treat this as a secret society.  All it takes to get on this list is a
computer but obviously no morals or heart and even less lately, anything to
do with actual Olympus camera stuff.
The stuff about "I'll be right over to take the lens off your hands" (ba bum
cha), a comment about 5 times a day, is so old.
Ebay is a joke now too as there is a heads up about anything..."everyone
look!! BIN  2- Olympus lenscaps for $2."  With all this sniping talk and
people with overblown "deal catching, got to have it even though I have 3,
but I can re-sell again later" talk is pointless. WE have driven the prices
up ourselves-Does anyone else see that?
An individual has little chance of catching a deal on eBay now because
everyone knows about it.  I think a rare item like the 250/f2 is worth
mentioning, but T-32's?
This is not meant to change anyones ways on this list.
I obviously don't belong on this in an active manner.
But, please speak of me as if I am in the present because I am mute and will
lurk for fellow Zuiko folks that I can talk to offlist when something good
comes up.
Sorry for the rant for anyone who made it through my personal STELLAR example
of wasted Oly Time   : )
John R