[OM] RE: Greg Iverson eBay suspension

Subject: [OM] RE: Greg Iverson eBay suspension
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:12:47 -0800
Cc: giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TO:  Jamal, eBay Investigations Team

Dear Sir:

Recently Greg Iverson was suspended for breaking eBay's privacy policies
by allegedly publishing a list of select e-Bay member information to the
following sites:

http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/listebay.txt
http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/2000/msg10095.html

As one of the persons listed on that site I would like to point out a
few things that your
investigation team may not be aware of.

1.    I personally requested that my contact information be included in
both lists. I would hope that both lists remain on the web and
available.

2.    Mr. Iverson is not the programmer or administrator of either site.
In fact he has no association with either site.

3.    Mr. Iverson merely COMPILED names submitted by members of the
Zuiko mailing list AT THEIR REQUEST.

4.    Mr. Iverson does not have the power or authority to remove or
alter either list.

In light of these facts I would ask that you rescind Mr. Iverson's
suspension from eBay. He is an honest and responsible seller who is an
asset to the eBay community. Your suspension of Mr. Iverson is a mistake
that should be rectified immediately. I believe that you owe Mr. Iverson
not only a full reinstatement of his original status on eBay, but a
formal apology.

Sincerely,

--
Jim Couch