[OM] Re: [eBay suspension (violation found)

Subject: [OM] Re: [eBay suspension (violation found)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:48:57 -0700
Cc: giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TO: Jamal, Investigations Team, eBay Powerseller Support

Dear Sir:

It has come to my attention that Greg Iverson (giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) has been suspended from e-Bay for allegedly breaking e-Bay's privacy rules by publishing e-Bay member contact information to the following sites:

http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/listebay.txt
http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/2000/msg10095.html

While my contact information does not appear on the second site, it does appear on the first. Please be advised that:

1. I *voluntarily* provided my contact information for the purposes of having it appear on that site;

2. I do *not* object to having my contact information appear on that site;

3. I do *not* object to Mr. Iverson's actions, if any, in causing my contact information to appear on that site; and

4. I do *not* wish to have my contact information *removed* from that site.

I do wish e-Bay would have contacted me (and every other member who's contact information appears on those sites) *before* suspending Mr. Iverson for allegedly breaking e-Bay's rules. Had e-Bay done so, it would be obvious that there has NOT been a breach of e-Bay's rules because every person who's e-Bay contact information appears on those sites *consented* in advance.

Please understand that while I appreciate e-Bay's efforts to protect my privacy, in THIS case e-Bay has overstepped its bounds and made a BIG mistake! On that basis, I ask that e-Bay immediately reinstate Mr. Iverson's membership, and issue him an apology.

Regards,

Chris O'Neill
e-Bay Member: croft151

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill

<thismessagewasdeliveredviatheolympusmailinglist>
<forquestions,mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<webpage:http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html>