[OM] lenses for sale

Subject: [OM] lenses for sale
From: dtlocke <dtlocke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:45:00 -0600
Save me from ebay!  Looking to sell the following items.
I'm offering a 14 day examination and return period on these
lenses.  If you decide you don't like the lens I'll refund
your purchase price less shipping/insurance.   I prefer to
deal with US buyers, but feel free to contact me if outside
the US.

1) Olypus 100mm SC "almost like new" f2.8, tiffen sky1-A,
oly rear cap, generic
front cap.  Except for very light wear
on part of aperture ring and some fading of the lettering,
this lens could
pass as new.  Focus super-smooth, blades pristine & snappy,
fstops crisp,
glass great.  A few dust specs inside when viewed through
the light, but better than most lenses.  The
Olympus guy picked out the best lens he had for me a year or
so ago.  Paid
$175, now asking $110 including insured shipping within US.

2) Olympus SC 35mm f2.8 in excellent condition.  No caps.
$40 including shipping to US.

3) Vivitar 90mm f2.5 MACRO lens,  including 1:1 macro
adapter with rotating collar/tripod mount.  Bought this from
KEH in bargain condition, then upgraded by buying list
member's version of same lens.  Gary Reese's lens tests
showed this model to be a fine performer as shown below.
Physically lens is in nice shape with some wear on aperture
ring and a few minor scuffs.  The macro adapter has a very
small scuff but otherwise looks fine.  The fstops are crisp,
focus smooth, blades pristine.  There are a few very small
marks on the glass of no consequence, and a  light haze on
the inside area of the front element.  See the pic below; I
don't think the haze has much impact.  This is a great lens
if you're interested in starting or experimenting with macro
work.  It has a MUCH better working distance, and is
probably cheaper than, a 50mm macro.  KEH charge was $136
plus shipping with no lens caps.  My price is $115 including
generic front cap and genuine olympus rear cap, and insured
shipment to US.

See
http://www.flex.net/users/dtlocke/photos/oldmacrocrop1.jpg
for a picture taken with this lens -- handheld at 1/60sec
exposure.

Data on this lens from Gary Reese's tests at
http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 Macro
OM-1 with mirror lockup
Vignetting = A-