Re: [OM] In a possible defense of ebay?

Subject: Re: [OM] In a possible defense of ebay?
From: dolphans1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:09:44 +0000
I figured out what happend. It appears a high bidder
retracted his bid slightly before the auction closed
(reason: he claimed he bid on the wrong item)

I assume the 2nd highest bidder, got his email late and
assumed he was the high bidder without looking at the
actual bid close time. (the retracted bidder, retracted
his bid the same day the auction ended, minutes before.)

I assumed he became confused when he received the
computer generated email from ebay, stating; "that the
high bidder withdrew/retracted his bid", and that he was
the highest bidder.

I became confused because I was totally unaware of
someone previously retracting their bid, and I couldn't
figure out what was going on.

But in any event, the "real" high bidder honored the
auction.

Sam....