Re: [OM] Justifying The Zuikohobbyism

Subject: Re: [OM] Justifying The Zuikohobbyism
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:59:23 +0000
John,
Yes, you *should* see 1st and 2nd! There is a "tough crowd" of superb photographers in the region. My other half and I went to the exhibition last Saturday and saw some spectacular photography. Even the lady at the front desk (who does oil painting) told us her surprise at the quality level of submissions. It was an "open" meaning both pros and amateurs could enter. I recognized about a half-dozen names of regional pros on the list matching entry numbers to titles and names. It was obvious by the sheer detail level in the very large prints about a fourth were done with medium format. There were also a good number of Ilfochromes.

My other half was shocked at what she saw. She had never been through a real fine art gallery of very large prints. This should help as I strive toward the next level with my work and start having more custom printing done. BTW, the 135/2.8 continues growing on me as not only a very fine lens optically, but also a very useful focal length.

Thanks!
-- John