[OM] Popular Photography Photo Trek

Subject: [OM] Popular Photography Photo Trek
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:23:50 EST
Some time ago I posted to the list that I would be going on this photo trek
to the upper Texas gulf coast.  Got back yesterday and my film is at the
processor to be picked up this afternoon.  Three days of shooting and 25
rolls of film, I anxiously await the results. Hope to get some stuff put
together to share with the list.  It may be a little while as you all know
I'm the guy who doesn't know HTML from $#%&.

As one might expect, I was the lone Olympus user in attendance.  There were
many of the modern hi-tech wonder bricks and a wonderful assortment of really
talented photographers.  The opportunity to associate with a small group of
others with a common interest was well worth the time and expense involved in
going on this trip.  For me, this trip was really where the "rubber meets the
road."  I fantasized, what if we could get Pop Photography to cosponsor this
kind of photo trek with Olympus and get a bunch of list members together for
a few days of shooting and sharing.  I would highly recommend this venue to
any out there who have an interest in expanding their photographic vision.
There were 15 of us who ranged in age from 16 to I would guess somewhere in
their 70's.

One of the participants was a 16 year old junior in high school, who was
using 35 mm & 2 1/4 format.  Anybody who would like to be inspired should
take a stroll through her website.  Her talent and vision transcend the tool
she might be using.  Check it out.  http://photokid.tsx.org
Bill Barber