[OM] Digital Dry Film process

Subject: [OM] Digital Dry Film process
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:47:05 -0600
I went to the Botanical gardens with the girls today (more on that later).
Ran into a guy using two EOS bodies on a frame attached to a single release.
At first I thought he was shooting stereo, but after talking to him I
discovered he works for Applied Science Fiction, the creators of Digital ICE
(this is the technology Nikon uses in their film scanners to automatically
eliminate dust, etc.)

They've developed a new 'dry' technique (really a paste of sorts) for the
development of C41 film.  The end result is a very extended range, high
quality digital image on CD.  No water!

He was shooting this way to do direct comparison of the results of the
traditional C41 process to their process.

It sounds pretty fascinating.  You can read the press release at
www.appliedsciencefiction.com

I didn't know they were here in Austin.  I'm thinking about sending them my
resume!

Tom