Re: [OM] Serrated lens caps

Subject: Re: [OM] Serrated lens caps
From: Frank van Lindert <frank.van.lindert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:10:53 +0200
On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:46:40 -0500 (EST), Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Frank van Lindert wrote:
>
>> Is the word "Olympus" on the front of these caps in black rather than
>> silver? And do they look very much like the Olympus body caps? In that
>> case you have just a very-early type cap, which my first Olympus OM-1
>> with 50/1.8 had as well.
>>
>> Very rare, and utterly valuable, I would say! Even the 'lens caps'
>> section of Hans' e-Sif hasn't got one! Keep it! ;-)
>
>I have an OM-1 instruction manual from 1974 that shows that style of a
>body cap.  I would guess they must have been produced for at least the
>first few years.  They're definitely uncommon, but I wouldn't say they're
>rare.  I usually come across one or two a year.
>                                       -mark

You are of course right, Mark. I was only pulling Tom's leg. Next plan
was to offer him a very big lot of Olympus equipment, worth about
$7,000 and not to be split. Price so high because it contains three of
those caps on 'good user' silver nose lenses. Sale to be concluded
before April 1, 2001.... I am sure that he would have bought it if you
hadn't interfered ;-)

Frank.