Re: [OM] 28mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:39:43 +0800
Close focus correct is important for shooting close distance objects, normal
lenses are design optimized at infinity. The resolution and other aberration
control is poorer at close distance. Wide angle Zuiko 18, 21/2, 24/2 and
28/2 all have close focus correction system. They have floating rear element
group design. When the focusing distance change, the rear group will also
slightly move to compensate for the optical errors.

I found the Zuiko 50/1.4 (F4) at close distance is much poor than the 21/2
(F4) at same magnification (around 1:15)

Concerning the front problem mentioned by John, I personally seen two with
heavy scratched coating, should care about that.

C.H.Ling