[OM] Don't forget to enter... You could win a roll of film!

Subject: [OM] Don't forget to enter... You could win a roll of film!
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:59:45 -0700
Just a quick reminder to everyone, the contest to guess the final closing
price on the Zuiko 180/2 lens on e-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1223313279

Only 11 folks have submitted a guess.  The winner gets a roll of film of
his or her choice (max value US$7.00).  For those who can't remember
(or didn't see) the rules, they're attached to the bottom of this message.

Deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m EST tomorrow night.  Don't miss out
on this chance to win a free roll of film!

Regards,

Chris

On 19 Mar 2001, at 16:26, Chris O'Neill wrote:

> Okay, Gary, since you mentioned it, let's make a contest out of it!  The
> person who guess the closest to the final price will win a roll of his/her
> favorite film (maximum value = US$7.00).  The rules are:
>
> 1.  Only ONE entry per list member.  If you try and enter more than once,
> ALL of your entries will be voided.
>
> 2.  You MUST enter a specific dollar figure (e.g. "$479.98" NOT "$470 to
> $480")
>
> 3.  The entry closest to the highest bid wins, whether it's higher or lower
> than the actual highest bid, and whether or not the reserve is met.
>
> 4.  In the case of a tie, the person who submits the first entry (as shown
> by the message header) wins!
>
> 5.  Entries MUST be submitted via private e-mail to me with the word
> "CONTEST" as the subject.  Do NOT reply to this message and clog the
> mailing list with entries!  You can click on this link to enter:
>
> mailto:coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx?subject=CONTEST
>
> 6.  Since the auction closes at 3:20 am on March 26th, this contest closes
> at 11:59 pm on March 25th.  That way, nobody can blame ME for staying up
> too late that night.  Besides, that will prevent anyone from trying to
> enter the contest right after the auction closes!  (Grin!)
>
> 7.  The decision of the judge (Me!) is final!  No fair b*tching if you
> don't win!
>
> 8.  The winner will be announced on the mailing list on March 26th.
>
> 9.  The prize will be mailed to the winner sometime early in April.
>
> So, there ya go!  Good luck, everyone!
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
>
> P.S.  No fair sniping the auction just to win the film!  :-)))

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill