Re: [OM] Still need Help: Odd behavior from MD1

Subject: Re: [OM] Still need Help: Odd behavior from MD1
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:02:53 EST
My original post:
:I installed NiMH batteries in an old 15V Control Pack and everything worked
:fine after I got it back together.  Now, however, when I put the Control Pack
:on an MD1 and turn it on, either in single of continuous mode, it starts
:shooting continuously.

The reply from hmz:
"This probably means that the tuning ('re-timing'), as explained in the repair
FAQ, isn't done properly or that the centre post which is used for this tuning
wasn't tightened enough and has come loose."

I already checked the 'timing' and the center post (if I understand you
correctly) is tight.  What is so odd is that I don't even have the press the
shutter release on the MD1.  It just starts shooting as soon as I turn the
Control Pack to either single or sequence mode.

--p.j.